at CTF Illinois in Orland Park, Illinois, United States
Provide support and guidance as an experienced DSP, modeling and ensuring all CTF protocols and procedures regarding personal support and care are adhered to. Support people with developmental disabilities by providing support and supervision based upon a persons Personal Plan as well as state and federal regulation. Ensure proper support is provided in Medication Administration, dietary and medical needs, self-care, outcome advancement, and behavioral support. Adhere to and sustain the mission of the organization by providing the highest quality of services in order to enhance each persons skill development, health, freedom, and personal dignity.
Shift: Monday - Friday from 4 pm to 12 am, no weekends required with a wage of $17.75 (after Lead training is complete).
Lead DSP Job Functions:
- Properly implement and model CTF procedures regarding personal support, behavior support, dietary guidelines, medication administration, safety protocols, and documentation
- Assist the supervisor with On the Job Training with newly hired DSPs
- Provide support and guidance regarding the DSP role to other DSPs
- Remain authorized to administer medications, supervise people supported in taking medications as prescribed by the physician, administer and document medications correctly, and be the primary medication passer at 4 and 8 PM Monday thru Friday
- Ensure the medication closet remains clean, stocked and necessary medications, including PRNs, are present and ordered as necessary
- Supervise people during meals by serving family style, eating with them to act as role model, assisting with and prompting proper utensil use, eat appropriate bite size, use napkin, etc.
- Implement prescribed diets by preparing meals according to written menus and recipes and ensure food is prepped to the proper consistency
- Complete environment safety measures, including taking water temperatures, refrigerator/freezer temperatures, and completing safety drills as assigned
- Monitor peoples wellbeing and follow guidelines within the Healthcare Policy and Protocol
- Implement outcomes as indicated within peoples Implementation Strategies
- Complete daily documentation, including documentation within outcomes, universal notes, critical incidents, and individual supports as required
- Promote appropriate adaptive behaviors and social interactions by following Safety Care training and implementing written behavior support programs.
- Ensure transportation logs are completed daily
- Communicate all site, maintenance and person supported needs to managers timely
- Must maintain employment in good standing. Must be up to date in all training requirements, maintain satisfactory attendance record with minimal occurrences, maintain medication administration authorization, and maintain satisfactory performance standards.
- Complete all other DSP job duties and any other duties assigned by management