at SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital in Mt. Vernon, Illinois, United States
Assesses injuries and manages comprehensive treatment programs to prevent injury and rehabilitate athletes.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Develops conditioning programs for injured and non-injured athletes to ensure safety in the program design incorporating nutrition plans and schedules customized to meet individual athlete needs.
- Designs and implements comprehensive training or rehabilitation programs to prevent injury and illness among athletes.
- Evaluates and manages injuries. Maintains medical documentation on each athlete and acts as a liaison between the physician and the athlete.
- Prepares athletes for practice or competition based on team schedules, applicable regulations and guidelines, and in conjunction with physician and sports performance staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.