at SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital in Mt. Vernon, Illinois, United States
Administers radiation therapy by exposing specific areas of the patient's body to prescribed doses of radiation.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic parameters accurately.
- Delivers appropriate patient treatment plan in collaboration with physician and dosimetrist.
- Maintains detailed records of all therapy sessions.
- Maintains and adjusts necessary equipment, including linear accelerator.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.