at SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital in Mt. Vernon, Illinois, United States
Performs computerized tomographic procedures for the diagnosis of disease and injury according to protocols established by radiologists. This position must perform at least 3 of the following procedures: biopsy, TAVR, coronary, watchman, extremity work for OR planning, ablations or fiducial placement.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.