at Chicago Meat Authority in Chicago, Illinois, United States
CMA is seeking a Maintenance Manager to be responsible for the on-going maintenance of the facility and equipment. The job requires a high level of expertise and strong leadership skills. This is a fast paced environment that requires swift and strategic decisions to prevent downtime. The position also requires analytical skills to develop new ideas, systems, and technology, along with improving current ones.
What You Get To Do
- Direct, develop and manage all maintenance activities and staff for all shifts.
- Maintenance planning, including all, preventative, predictive and corrective actions to ensure availability and top performance of building systems and equipment.
- Monitor, promote, teach, support and champion safety processes and culture within the Maintenance department.
- Enforce and champion all CMA policies and procedures to protect all employees and company property including tools, equipment, raw materials and finished products.
- Establish and maintain a culture and systems that continuously monitor company machinery to ensure smooth and proper operation.
- Manage the maintenance budget. Ensure that the most cost effective decisions are made with regard to equipment repair and purchase as well as supplies (i.e. parts, strapping, shop supplies, CO2, etc.).
- Assist Production Management in the development of proactive solutions to equipment and production flow issues. (Including preventive engineering, layout alterations, daily plant set ups, etc.)
- Coordinate the company’s fire protection and safety control programs including compliance with all related government agencies. (OSHA, USDA, etc.)
- Coordinate bid, design and schedule processes with contractors for expansion, remodeling, and continuous improvement projects.
What We Want From You
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, organizing own workload to maintain high quality and output while achieving set deadlines and targets
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or industrial engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience with production maintenance in a related environment
- PC proficiency (Microsoft suite, PLC programming and CAD would be a plus).
- Experience utilizing and developing CMMS system and peripheral systems (work order, requisition, asset register, parts inventory, labor and equip trending and forecasting, etc.)
What We Value
- Ability to perform effectively within ambiguous situations
- Ability to foster an atmosphere of collaboration and accountability
- Proactive leadership
- Demonstrate personal resiliency in actions
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
We Are Winning When
We follow and are guided by our mission and we demonstrate our values every day!
"To be the preferred supplier of our customers, the preferred customer of our strategic suppliers, and a model employer in our industry."
Chicago Meat Authority, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account