at Champaign County Regional Planning Commission in Urbana, Illinois, United States
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who desires to make a societal impact!
Working under the direction of the ICRT Director, this position will lead a team of researchers to attract and execute applied research projects related to indoor environments and develop programs to further the mission of the organization.
- Master’s degree in engineering, environmental health, or related fields.
- Five years of experience in a technical field such as applied science or engineering. Ph.D. may be a substitute for this requirement.
- Demonstrated experience writing successful research proposals.
- Successful track record of external R&D support.
- Experience managing research projects.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing research groups and professionals.
- Experience creating research budgets.
- Experience in field-based research and monitoring.
- Ability to observe standards of professional conduct by:
- Accepting accountability and ownership of actions.
- Practicing adaptability in accepting new challenges and responsibilities.
- Focusing on staff needs with prompt, accurate resolution of issues.
- Using professional, quality, value-added communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders to improve ICRT’s research program.
- Proven technical, administrative, and financial skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Characteristics, and Abilities:
- Ph.D. in engineering or related field.
- Community service experience
- Strong interest in making social responsibility a tenet of research practice
The complete job description may be viewed at www.ccrpc.org/rpcjobs
Schedule: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-F (Flexibility is necessary to support the goals of the program.)
Worksite: 2111 S. Oak Street, Suite 106, Champaign, IL 61820
Status: Full-Time/37.5 hours per week
Starting Wage: $59.75 - $75.00
Competitive benefits, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, tuition reimbursement, high-quality programming, and great work environment!
Applicants may apply at: www.ccrpc.org/rpcjobs