at U.S. Bank in Chicago, Illinois, United States
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at-all from Day One.
The Senior Experience Designer – Wealth Management role requires three main attributes:
1. Wealth Management Experience – this is indispensable, and includes knowledge of advanced brokerage concepts, personas with varying degrees of financial affluence, interaction with Financial Advisors, trading, money movement, trusts, financial research and education, performance monitoring, financial goals and plans, etc.
2. Leadership – this is a senior position who will be leading five experience designers and three content strategists onshore, plus a varying number of people offshore, in a large, multi-year project, across multiple sub-streams, interacting with many stakeholders and organizations within the bank. The role will collaborate with a cross-functional team that is spread out across the US and globally. The role will Identify key business and user experience opportunities and drive consensus within a diverse team of stakeholders, create partnerships across design disciplines and portfolios to avoid duplication and integrate experiences for customers.
3. Hands-on approach – this role leads by example, and is deeply involved in personally creating deliverables in Figma, facilitating workshops, operating within the Bank’s Agile Ways of Working, and periodically presenting work in progress to senior executives. The role will set and lead direction for the project team to build high quality design deliverables and accompanying documentation from kickoff to handoff, including: design systems, prototypes, UI designs, wireframes, etc, as well as lead design research and content design efforts. The role will demonstrate strong process-oriented design and a well-rounded knowledge of techniques, principles, tools, materials, and systems in Product Design and other design disciplines, including the ability to understand and transform requirements into visual designs.
Experience Designers at U.S. Bank are customer obsessed in developing human-centered experiences that provide personalized, clear, helpful, and inclusive digital plus human solutions for our customers. Experience designers consider the why, what, and how of product use to help identify where user needs intersect with business goals across the entire user journey. Leverages human-centered design methods (design-thinking, service design, research/insights, etc.) to plan, create, and present persuasive, engaging, and strategic ideas that influence product roadmaps and demonstrate a solution’s potential for success. Performs competitive analysis of direct/indirect competitors and monitors the marketplace for new trends to inform the research and design process.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced product management, product and experience design or similar experience
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants (https://careers.usbank.com/global/en/disability-accommodations-for-applicants) .
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/prod/UBNAGLOBAL/documents/Thewaywework-1666895142717.pdf) drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That’s why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
+ Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
+ Basic term and optional term life insurance
+ Short-term and long-term disability
+ Pregnancy disability and parental leave
+ 401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
+ Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
+ Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
+ Adoption assistance
+ Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2023-06/22-088\EEOC\KnowYourRights6.12ScreenRdr.pdf) EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://careers.usbank.com/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment) .
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $125,715.00 – $147,900.00 – $162,690.00
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.