at CBRE in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Engineering Ops Director
Areas of Interest
Data Centers, Engineering/Maintenance, Facilities Management
Remote – US – Remote – US – United States of America
CBRE’s Data Centre Solutions is the world’s only fully integrated data centre real estate firm, offering global strategy, acquisition and disposition representation, project management, and facilities management from a single provider. We serve 40% of the Fortune 100’s data centres, spanning primary, secondary, and tertiary markets across the globe. As an employer of choice, we heavily invest in our people to best serve these state-of-the-art facilities by offering mission critical and leadership training.
About The Role:
The purpose of this position is to manage a large portfolio or client account and provide senior technical and operational support to the account staff for the development of policies and procedures pertaining to all types of buildings managed by CBRE: including managing the performance of mechanical and maintenance staff/systems and maintaining continuity throughout to provide overall quality control for all properties.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for business unit’s financial performance in an account.
- Provide recommendations for tactical and strategic planning.
- Assist in acquisition underwriting and due diligence.
- Responsible for new business development, including identification of opportunities, client solicitation, proposal development, and presentation. Anticipates and responds to client’s needs.
- Supervise the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Coordinate and approve the calculation of all special billings.
- Supervise the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, management plans, monthly performance reports, and variance reports.
- Ensure the delivery of accuracy, timely, and complete reports.
- Perform regular inspections of properties.
- Recommend and direct alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of properties as needs arise.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of eight years of related experience and/or training. Master’s degree (MA/MS) preferred. Previous supervisory experience required.
- Professional designation such as CPM, RPA, or CCIM preferred. Active real estate license may be required. Professional Engineer (PE) license may be desired.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Require in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Review complex financial/business analysis and reports prepared by subordinates.
- Ability to analyze the most sophisticated business/financial data and develop innovative solutions.
- Approve and lead all aspects of department budget.
- Ability to solve sophisticated problems and take care of a variety of options in complex situations.
- Require expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draw upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and intranet/internet. Ability to use work order system.
Join our team! By joining CBRE, you’ll have the support and resources of a global firm where an ambitious mind-set is supported. You will also be eligible for amazing benefits such as health, dental, vision, and matching 401k. We also offer adoption assistance, paid parental leave, and much more.
At CBRE, we believe we possess an encouraging environment where integrity, service and excellence crafts our approach to every opportunity.
CBRE carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate’s education, training, and experience. The minimum salary for the Engineering Ops Director position is $150,000 annually [or $72.11 per hour] and the maximum salary for the Engineering Ops Director position is $170,000 annually [or $81.73 per hour]. The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. Successful candidates will also be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on CBRE’s applicable benefit program.
CBRE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We have a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations, as needed, throughout the job application process. If you have a disability that inhibits your ability to apply for a position through our online application process, you may contact us via email at email@example.com or via telephone at +1 866 225 3099 (U.S.) and +1 866 388 4346 (Canada).
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)