at Heartland Bank and Trust Company in Urbana, Illinois, United States
If you're interested in developing business, people, and accomplishing goals to drive top performance of the branch., our Retail Manager role may be for you! We invite you to consider joining our essential Retail team.
- Attracts, retains, and supports the career development of retail team members.
- Develop and foster relationships with key customers and prospects within the community.
- Demonstrate an excellent customer experience, engaging customers by name, in a friendly professional manner.
- Coach and mentor retail staff through frontline training to follow policies and procedures, promote compliance with auditing standards, and demonstrate sound judgement to minimize the risk of fraud.
- Maintain a well-developed working knowledge of the Bank’s products and services.
- Lead and drive successful sales and service initiatives.
- Facilitate and support sales meetings and daily huddles.
- Coordinate and perform retail duties including customer transactions, opening, and servicing deposit accounts, and consumer lending.
- Collaborate with Retail Support Manager and other lines of business to align branch efforts with the strategic direction of Heartland Bank.
- Ensures department or branch compliance with all policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal regulations
- Staffs all functions within department and ensures proper onboarding of new personnel
- Manages budget, invoices and employee expense reimbursements of the department or branch
- Makes appropriate strategic decisions to increase productivity, including creating a clear organizational structure, providing the necessary tools for the team to do their jobs, and creating repeatable processes that increase efficiency and reduce unnecessary variations
Who You Are
- Associate degree in related curriculum or equivalent of education and experience
- 3+ years’ Banking, Sales/Marketing, Retail, and/or Sales Associate experience preferred
- 1+ years’ Leadership experienced preferred
Who We Are
Heartland Bank is a subsidiary of HBT Financial, Inc., a publicly traded financial holding company headquartered in Bloomington, Illinois. With the roots of the Bank dating back to 1920, Heartland has a long track record of providing personalized service and supporting the banking needs of businesses and families throughout our footprint. With 60+ branches throughout Central and Northeastern Illinois and Eastern Iowa, Heartland continues to grow and is committed to preserving strong ties to our communities, customers, employees, and shareholders.
Heartland Bank’s mission is to “create value for the customer, earn a profit for the Bank, and have fun doing it!” At Heartland, employees have the opportunity to make a difference every day.
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Heartland Bank salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Heartland Bank’s total compensation package for employees.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Heartland Bank is deeply committed to creating a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
- Regularly: Standing, Talking, Hearing, Feeling/Touching, Vision - close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus
- Frequently: Walking
- Occasionally: Sitting, Climbing and/or balancing, Reaching - with arms and hands, Stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling, Lifting objects up to 30 pounds
Our available Benefits
We offer a competitive benefit package, including vacation and other paid time off.