at MSA Professional Services in Champaign, Illinois, United States
MSA has an opportunity for a full time Business Intelligence Analyst in any of our 17 office locations. The Business Intelligence Analyst will collaborate with multiple departments on data analysis projects to support MSA business operations by providing information and insights, thereby empowering decision-making, and solution development. This involves the collection, cleansing, analysis, and preparation of data, including visualization, and communication of the results as well as the development and management of automated systems for ongoing reporting needs.
The work you may do
- Communicates with internal departments to understand their needs, objectives, and requirements, as well and gathering and synthesizes feedback; Leverages strong communication and presentation skills to deliver findings of analysis
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to collect and translate data sets into information, including visuals that drive decision making and result in actionable initiatives supporting operational efficiency and profitability
- Helps implement data standards and deploys automation tools to extract, synthesize and validate data from multiple sources and transform into usable information; Deploys automation tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources; Resolves corrupted data, coding errors and related problems
- Develops and maintains Data verse/PowerApps data; organizes data in a readable format
- Develops dashboards, reports and other data visualizations to illuminate and support business decision-making and solution development
- Uses statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful in diagnosis and prediction activities
- Analyzes local, national, and global trends that impact both the organization and the industry
- Prepares reports for the management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Collaborates with developers and operations and shared services staff and leaders to identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications, and devise data governance strategies
- Preparing final analysis reports for the stakeholders to understand the data-analysis steps, enabling them to take important decisions based on various facts and trends.