at Office of the Auditor General in Springfield, Illinois, United States
The Chief Data Analyst should be capable of performing the following duties without the need for direct supervision. The Chief Data Analyst may perform all or some of the following functions depending upon the
requirements of the project.
1. Develop and expand the Office’s data analytics programs.
2. Gather, interpret, compile, and analyze data of governmental agencies.
3. Develop methodologies and analytical plans.
4. Conduct interviews of agency staff to elicit factual information.
5. Produce detailed reports including graphs, tables, and exhibits.
6. Develop and maintain databases.
7. Maintain a working knowledge of data analytic techniques and Illinois State government.
8. Work collaboratively across all divisions to identify and ensure data objectives are understood and
9. Review work, reports, and findings prepared by assigned staff to ensure accuracy, completeness, clarity, and
conformance with standards and Office policy.
10. Bear responsibility, as assigned, for distributing, directing, and evaluating daily work of assigned staff.
11. Develop and deliver training programs.
12. Perform other assigned or required duties