at Heartland Bank and Trust Company in Edwardsville, Illinois, United States
Position SummaryAt Heartland Bank, retail team members are essential to our success. We are committed to providing excellent customer experiences and have a passion for building relationships. Heartland Bank supports career growth opportunities and a healthy work life balance. As a member of our team, you will feel respected, valued, and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success.
Relationship Bankers are the frontline representatives and face of Heartland Bank. This essential role is responsible for welcoming our clients and building relationships. Heartland Bank Relationship Bankers are multi-functional, service oriented individuals that are ready to meet our clients’ needs. They proactively promote all Heartland bank products and services. Relationships Bankers offer financial solutions to fit clients’ needs in a confident manner.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
• Facilitate an excellent customer experience, engaging customers by name, in a friendly professional manner.
• Build and foster customer relationships by proactively identifying needs and offering appropriate solutions to grow and retain customer relationships.
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of deposit products, IRAs/HSAs and lending services.
• Perform daily relationship banking tasks, including but not limited to: opening accounts and teller transactions based on customer traffic.
• Encourage customer use of digital banking services.
• Perform essential activities to meet established goals.
• Continually builds job knowledge and shares information as appropriate.
• Exercises independent judgement and proactively seeks solutions.
• Follow policies and procedures to minimize the risk of fraud.
Core Essential Job Requirements
- All employees must be able to interact in a friendly and courteous manner with customers and coworkers in order to foster a positive environment of mutual trust and respect.
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and employee information
- Demonstrate attention to detail and produce accurate, high-quality work
- Produce an amount of work that meets or exceeds job expectations
- Fully utilize systems, tools, training and resources provided to maximize potential
- Accept feedback and redirection politely and professionally
- Assist other departments as needed
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
- Positively represent and promote the Company within the community
- Make calls on customers and non-customers to develop new business and to enhance relationships with existing customers
- Participate in various professional associations (exempt-employees) and community activities to support the Company's mission and vision and to further personal development
Other Job Requirements
- Participate in various retail and bank projects as necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ experience in Banking, Sales/Marketing, Retail, Sales Associate preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Regularly: Standing, Talking, Hearing, Feeling/Touching, and Vision - close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus
- Frequently: Walking
- Occasionally: Sitting, Climbing and/or balancing, Reaching - with arms and hands, and Stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling
Heartland Bank and Trust Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.