at Manpower Group in Chicago, Illinois, United States
The Principal Analyst (BA) is responsible for the design of the business analysis framework and practice used to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the business requirements of project stakeholders. Additional responsibilities include developing and standardizing requirement related artifacts across all system development lifecycles (epic, story, story point, business requirement documents, etc.).
1. Designs and documents business processes with business unit partners.
2. Understands, documents, and assesses changes needed for business processes. Documents technology requirements for business processes. Creates detailed functional requirements including storyboarding, webpage design, data attributes definition, report design and facilitating collection of configurations of third-party tools. Vets the technical solution to ensure that it meets business requirements and objectives; Ensures business requirements meet goals.
3. Directs efforts in the creation of user acceptance test cases, and sometimes create the UAT test scripts; Conducts and reviews trial runs of programs and software applications. Directs the analysis of user acceptance testing results and recommends defect resolutions. Participates in user acceptance testing, when applicable. Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved in a timely manner.
4. Project manages small projects. Executes processes and principles found in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and assists Project Managers and Program Managers.
5. Performs or assists in the research and fact-finding to develop or modify application programs.
6. Prepare project initiation documentation within the Software Development Life Cycle SDLC) documentation including the Project Initiation Form, Capital Request Form and Statement of Work. Communicates status of projects and deliverables to the business. Communicates needed changes between the business and IT. Facilitates the conversation when necessary. Collects assumptions behind the Statement of Work estimates that the IT team or vendor provides. Assists in the enforcement of deadlines and schedules, by reviewing project/task plan. Communicates issues/concerns to project manager.
Education & Experience
+ Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in computer science, engineering and/or MIS or equivalent work experience.
+ 7-10 years of experience in technology, applications and/or project management.
+ Intermediate knowledge of JIRA,VISIO, MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
+ Experience using six sigma, lean, and Kanban principles.
+ Experience with data modeling techniques and able to aid data architects in completing data mapping exercises.
ManpowerGroup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a professional, high quality work environment. It is the policy of ManpowerGroup and all of its subsidiaries to recruit, train, promote, transfer, pay and take all employment actions without regard to an employee’s race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.