at McMaster-Carr in Elmhurst, Illinois, United States
Curious and engaged minds thrive at McMaster-Carr. This hybrid opportunity offers talented and driven graduates from the Class of 2024 the ability to chart their path to management. Whether you studied finance, engineering, anthropology, or English, you can rise to the challenge of managing a successful business. Mentors will guide you, but development at McMaster-Carr is self-driven: embrace the opportunity to explore, ask questions, be challenged, and make an impact.
Who We Are
At McMaster-Carr, we help customers build anything because we offer everything. We create visual and informative product merchandising, build in-house systems and technology, and improve operations to create exceptional customer experiences. As we look to the future, we apply experimentation and innovation to the lessons learned since our start in 1901. We attribute our success to the ideas and commitment of the bright and ambitious people that differentiate McMaster-Carr.
No two career paths at McMaster-Carr are the same. As you navigate your managerial path, you will:
- Grow at your own pace through hands-on experience in a stimulating, collaborative environment.
- Leverage strong critical thinking skills to identify, develop, and drive strategic process improvements.
- Dive into exciting work that includes integrating cutting-edge automation technology, redesigning distribution flows, developing search marketing, and using customer data to identify product needs.
- Explore all areas of the business to challenge the current state and drive change.
A typical day at McMaster-Carr will vary, but you might find yourself doing any of the following:
- Implementing a new process you developed
- Managing distribution operations
- Leading a project meeting with leaders across the company
- Researching new market opportunities
- Analyzing customer insights on our service and products
- Developing your team members to support their growth
Inclusion and diversity are integral to the way we form teams, design projects, and create resources. Regardless of your background, you can flourish at McMaster-Carr if you love to learn, do great work, and pursue ambitious goals. Successful candidates tend to share some of these same qualities:
- Strong academic performance
- Excellent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to learn new things, adaptability, and a growth-oriented mindset
The starting pay for this opportunity is $108,000. In addition to your base salary, you will also receive a relocation and signing bonus, and be eligible for Cash Profit Sharing and Retirement Fund (DPS) contributions.
We are committed to comprehensive benefits to support employees and their dependents, such as:
- 100% tuition reimbursement for employees (including MBAs)
- Zero-dollar premiums for medical, dental, pharmacy, and vision plans for employees, spouses, and dependents
- First-time home buyer assistance
- Charitable giving and volunteer benefits
- Generous paid time off to cover vacation and personal time
EOE/M/F/VET/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account