at West Monroe in Chicago, Illinois, United States
West Monroe Partners, Inc. seeks Manager IT Strategy and BPO in Chicago, IL.
Duties: Provide IT and functional strategy and process optimization solutions in support of large-scale process/technology projects and/or other transformational initiatives. Lead teams of 2-5 resources and also continue to demonstrate their capabilities as individual contributors. Develop and execute IT and functional transformation and optimization strategies including sourcing and procurement events, process discovery and analysis, and requirement gathering facilitation. Envision, structure, and document compelling and creative solutions and recommendations, as well as develop and cultivate relationships with senior level client stakeholders. Develop and enhance the practice’s methodologies and tool sets, and integrate these with other consulting solutions (e.g., technology and industry focused practices within West Monroe).
Primary responsibilities include:
- Structuring and developing client deliverables.
- Developing and refining Request for Proposal and Request for Quote documentation with draft MSA and SOW templates, associated pricing models, and response evaluation models.
- Collecting, organizing, cleansing, and manipulating large data sets across multiple data sources; deriving and presenting insights resulting from the analysis of those data sets.
- Managing consulting resources to meet project timing expectations, within budget and scope, and to client’s satisfaction.
- Facilitating client interviews and meetings to understand client operations and processes, collect information, and determine adjustments to be made the project approach and activities
based on findings.
- Leading teams of consultants, providing the structure and guidance for deliverables, and performing quality assurance of deliverables developed by the team.
- Communicating and reporting project status to client executives including adherence to timeline, upcoming and completed activities, budget impact(s), risks, issues, and mitigation plans.
- Managing project economics by tracking project budgets (expected vs. actual), creating and submitting invoices to clients, and managing collections/receivables.
- Identifying, documenting, and quantifying improvement opportunities and lessons learned in post project documentation.
- Counseling, mentoring, and developing staff on the job and through formal and informal feedback and guidance.
- Participating in and supporting the development and enhancement of the IT Strategy and BPO methodologies, tools and other collateral (e.g., methodologies, benchmarks, case
- Participating in internal efforts related to strengthening and growing the IT Strategy and BPO practice thought culture building and knowledge sharing.
- Participating in thought leadership activities by drafting articles, case studies, white papers and other related efforts.
- Collaborating with local office leadership to define how to align the practice with office strategy and other practices.
- Participate in the farming and hunting opportunities for business development.
- Identifying opportunities and actively contributing to pursuits, both opportunities for follow-on consulting projects and new opportunities outside current client engagements.
- Identifying and participating in opportunities for origination in addition to ongoing BD pursuits.
- Helping to define business needs and requirements and then translating them into concrete project plans and detailed client proposals.
- Determining scope, tasks, timelines, resources and identifying issues and risks to build into statements of work and capability presentations.
- Creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for opportunities.
- Building a professional network and affiliate network in the local community.
100% Telecommuting permitted within the U.S.