at Champaign County Regional Planning Commission in Urbana, Illinois, United States
The Data and Technology Manager is responsible for leading a team of software engineers, GIS professionals and data analysts focused on using data and technology to support informed decision making and effective communication. The Data and Technology Manager manages and supports technical activities such data collection and management; database and server administration; and application development and support.
Effective planning for a sustainable and equitable region demands high quality, accurate data and modern tools and applications. To that end, the Data and Technology Manager also evaluates new technologies and promotes ongoing technical innovation.
- A master’s degree in a technical field and at least one year of experience leading technical teams; or a bachelor's degree and at least three years of experience leading technical teams is required. Additional years of relevant work experience may be considered as a substitution for the educational requirement.
- Understanding of planning issues and processes
- Proficiency with GIS software, database administration, data management, and data analysis
- Experience with agile project management and version control using platforms such as GitHub and GitLab
- Familiarity with containerization technology such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience scoping and managing technical projects
- Demonstrated innovative, strategic, and analytical capabilities
- Advance level knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and report generating
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, partner agencies, and the public
The job description may be viewed at https://ccrpc.org/jobs/job-descriptions/.
Office Location: 1776 E. Washington Street, Urbana, IL 61802
Schedule: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-F (A flexible schedule is necessary to support program goals.)
Status: Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Starting Wage: $36.91 - $41.65
Competitive benefits, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, high-quality programming, and great work environment!
Applicants may apply at: www.ccrpc.org/rpcjobs
CCRPC is an EEO/AA/ADA employer.