at LANGAN ENGINEERING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES INC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking a Data Analytics Technology Consultant to join its national and collaborative Digital Solutions team. This individual will play a key role in developing and implementing a business plan to expand Langan’s already robust data management and analytics work. This individual will help develop and grow Langan’s external analytics practice and build the Langan brand.
- Develop and execute strategies to grow Langan’s Data Management and Analytics practice;
- Implement business development strategies that leverage Langan’s expertise in data management and analytics to achieve revenue targets and drive growth in the land development industry;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, prospects and partners, as well as develop innovative solutions that address client needs;
- Collaborate with Langan’s disciplines including Site/Civil, Environmental, Geotechnical, Landscape Architecture, and Traffic to identify and prioritize new opportunities and develop new work;
- Perform and manage multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines;
- Identify and track emerging technology trends and implement new technology to expand services to clients; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- 8+ years’ of business development experience in the technology industry focusing on data analytics;
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, science, mathematics or engineering;
- Demonstrated passion for technology solutions and understanding of strategic and consultative selling principles;
- Ability to manage complex relationships with internal and external stakeholders at a senior level;
- Strong networking skills to develop new work and long-term client relationships;
- Experience in the following technology o Data Analytics – Power BI or Tableau
- Relational databases
- Electronic data capture
- IoT and sensor data
- System integration
- Experience with needs assessment/project scoping;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously;
- Ability to develop and manage project budgets;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Able to travel up to 40% for conferences, industry events, and client meetings.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.