at Rose International Inc. in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job Title: ETL Developer
Company: Rose International
Start/End Dates: 12 Months
Tax Work Location: Chicago IL (Local)
Employment Type: Temporary
Looking for an experienced DataStage ETL developer responsible for enhancing and supporting data ingest\egress integrations with Risk & Compliance Applications.
Senior resource: 5+ years
• Strong in PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripting.
• Experience working with XML transformation and consumption of messages from queues will be a big plus.
• Hands-on improve operational stability via automation, such as autohealing where possible, and raise design changes to Data analyst, SMEs and/or architects, as well as opportunities to application /service managers.
• Work some off hours as demanded by projects, operations, and need of the on-shore team and stakeholders, such as release, testing and/or critical bug resolutions.
• Provide US/EMEA overnight support on critical processes in Financial Risk applications (Murex, Adenza) and/or risk program, such as data feed batch jobs, reports, etc in a follow the sun model, and able to address tickets escalated by L1/L2 teams. • Expertise with the following skills:
2) SQL, Oracle Stored Procedures
4) Data Analysis
Nice to Haves:
Snowflake and PowerBI knowledge preferred.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Work with SME, Business Analyst to build new End-to-End solution, ensuring solutions meet all requirements, including operational SLAs.
• Write and debug complex SQL queries from databases (such as Oracle).
• Work with data analyst in mapping documents and design/build IBM DataStage jobs to the requirements.
• Participate in peer design reviews and provide recommendations.
• Construct DataStage jobs to implement the requirements:
o Extract the data from and to Oracle and other databases, flat files (csv, text, excel)
o Build JSON files using Hierarchical stage
o Perform structural validation
o Data type/allowable values validations and reporting
• Ensure all data mapping, data lineage, functional spec, and any other technical documentation are detailed and up to date.
• Ensure runbooks are fully up-to date and consistently improving the efficiency derived from automation.
• Ensure handover of issues region to region with precise and concise handover daily shift notes.
• Support incidents management during incident lifecycle by resolving service stoppage and remediation activities, as well as any postmortem actions.
• Support management in operational reporting on vendor issues, internal issues, and partner team issues, and respective root causes.
• Responsible for development and maintenance of ETL code using DataStage 11.7.
For information and details on employment benefits offered with this position, please visit here. Should you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secure website.
California Pay Equity:
For information and details on pay equity laws in California, please visit the State of California Department of Industrial Relations' website here.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need assistance in completing this application, or during any phase of the application, interview, hiring, or employment process, whether due to a disability or otherwise, please contact our HR Department.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.).