at Kutak Rock LLP in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Kutak Rock is seeking a Business Development Manager to join the firm's Business Development and Marketing Department. The BDM will work with assigned practice areas and groups to support marketing and business development programs and initiatives. This hybrid position involves significant interaction with lawyers, office and practice managers, and firm administration. The BDM will be responsible for projects within the department with limited to no oversight from a manager.
- Serve as a point person in the Business Development and Marketing Department
- Build relationships with attorneys to become a trusted advisor
- Participate on business development goals and initiatives, including supporting the identification of business opportunities, expanding internal and external profile, and identifying cross-selling opportunities
- Create and deliver client-focused pitches, proposals, and presentation materials, including responding to formal RFPs
- Develop and maintain marketing collateral, website narratives, and other client-facing materials
- Participate on opportunities to increase brand awareness and profile, including overseeing the strategy and coordination of events, webinars, sponsorships, and other marketing activities
- Collect and maintain experience lists and databases, including gathering experience captured in pitches, proposals, and submissions to ranking publications
- Attend practice group and working group meetings as requested and advise on business development strategy and marketing tactics
- Work with individual lawyers and advise on business development best practices and strategies to assist in growing their practices
- Support lateral integration efforts
- Oversee the preparation of ranking submissions, including Chambers USA
- Digest and deliver research on existing and prospective clients, competitors, and industry or market trends
- Assist with organizing and cataloging standard proposal content
- Collaborate on the review and maintenance of general proposal content
- Assist in drafting narratives for novel or complex proposal questions
- Assist with creating and maintaining a repository of representative matters organized by practice area for quick reference and inclusion in pitches and proposals
- Participate on other firmwide initiatives as assigned
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High degree of attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency
- Excellent project management skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal and client service skills
- Team player with demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to anticipate needs and exercise critical thinking
- Strong computer skills with various Microsoft programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in marketing or business development at a law firm or other professional services organization, preferably in a top 200 law firm
Salary Range: $87,000 - $120,000
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Dependent Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Flexible Spending Plan. Health Savings Account. Fertility coverage assistance. Profit-Sharing and 401(k) Retirement benefits. Discretionary bonuses. Nine Paid Holidays per calendar year. Nine hours of paid time off accrued each month. Bereavement, jury duty, military leave. Employee Assistance Program. Tuition Reimbursement. Employee referral program. Back-Up Care. Domestic Partner Benefits. Commuting Benefits. Some of the foregoing benefits include Employer/Employee cost sharing.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Kutak Rock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.