at Greif Packaging, LLC in Lockport, Illinois, United States
Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
024900 Production Supervisor (Open)
Supervises larger, more complex teams of colleagues who perform multiple types of production activities (e.g., assembly, material forming/shaping, processing, treating, or packaging, etc.). Responsibilities typically include setting goals and objectives for team members, making staffing decisions for team, and evaluating achievement of operational results. Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed.
- Supervises the day to day activities of a more complex and possibly multi-line production operation and monitors colleague productivity.
- Effectively implements new performance management systems, production plans and performance criteria. Runs shift meetings, confirms production progress and responds to delays. Creates and implements group improvement plans.
- Ensures team understands roles and responsibilities as it relates to the team and to Greif.
- Encourages joint problem solving, personal safety, and individual development.
- Supports Greif mission, follows values of Greif and works to better Greifs business as a whole.
- Implements and enforces compliance with applicable safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Arrange work schedules to ensure efficient operations.
- Maintains knowledge of processes and equipment.
- Troubleshoots complex or advanced issues that arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Typically possesses a high school diploma (or equivalent) and 5-8 years of relevant experience, with previous supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth understanding of production operation and processes.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran....
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity