at Dixon Automatic Tool, Inc. in Rockford, Illinois, United States
CNC Programmer-Operator - Machinist
Dixon Automatic Tool, Inc. is a family-owned business founded in 1946 and are located in the south-east side of Rockford IL. We design and build automated assembly machinery with close tolerance tooling and construction, along with OEM and outside “job shop” work.
We are looking for a skilled CNC Programmer-Operator to fill a Full Time or Part Time position.
We currently operate Doosan, Fadal, Milltronics, and Mazak CNC machinery, MasterCAM, Solidworks, G-Code, and Mazatrol software/languages. We also perform low volume machining and secondary operations on manual mills, lathes, and drill presses.
Our company operates a first-shift, daytime, on-site, work schedule. We offer excellent benefits of Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, Disability, and 401K/Roth retirement program.
- Programming CNC’s using Mastercam and G-Code
- Being able to program from solid models ( Solidworks ) as well as 2D prints
- Read Routing Instructions, Interpret Blueprints 2D & 3D Models
- Setup and operate CNC Mills – Programmer & Operator
- Perform Programming and assist in setup for other machine operators
- Prepare raw parts and de-burr completed parts
- Perform inspection checks of parts to specifications
- Manage direct and in-direct time efficiently
- Keep work area clean and safe
- Perform daily machinery upkeep of chips, coolant, & lubrication
Work with and train other employees