at Dixon Automatic Tool, Inc. in Rockford, Illinois, United States
Dixon Automatic Tool, Inc. is a family-owned business founded in 1946. We design and build automated assembly machinery with a focus on automated screwdriving. Machines & Stations are designed around proven standard ‘Dixon’ mechanisms and constructed to assemble the customer’s parts to a defined specification.
We are looking for a Machine Builder (Machine Assembler) to fill a Full-Time position.
Dixon Automatic Tool, Inc. has a long history of designing and building equipment, stations, robotic end-effectors, and machinery for the automated assembly of products, focusing on processes such as part pressing, placing, screwdriving, and fastening applications. Markets served are electrical, electronic, automotive, construction products, medical, and the appliance industries.
Our company operates a first-shift, daytime, on-site, work schedule. We offer excellent benefits of Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, Disability, and 401K/Roth retirement program.
• Read and Interpret Machine Layouts, Component Drawings, 2D & 3D
• Safely operate forklift, paint booth processes, dial indexers, conveyors, x/y tables
• Build/Assemble from machined components and purchased devices, industrial mechanisms, fixtures, automated assembly stations, and turn-key assembly systems
• Perform startup operational tests thru de-bug, and final demonstrations with the customer
• Periodically travel to customer facilities to perform maintenance & repairs on delivered machinery
• Manage direct and in-direct time efficiently
• Keep work area clean and safe
• Work with, train, and mentor upcoming Machine Assemblers
• Follow & contribute to the ISO9001:2015 Quality Management program
• Follow the safety policies of the company and work with an attitude of safety