at PepsiCo Corp in Chicago, Illinois, United States
The purpose of the Salesforce Solution Designer is to provide Architecture and Design thought leadership and guidance to complex Salesforce implementations. The candidate will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders (business partners, delivery leads, scrum masters and technical peers) to ensure that maximum value is delivered to the business and the platform is robust. The candidate must demonstrate progressive technical leadership in the full life cycle of the software development environment. Additionally, the role will be critical to build internal knowledge of the technical solution being built and maintain continuity as SI resources roll off.
* Work with Sector Delivery leads, Product Managers to transform new requirements into best practice led Salesforce architecture and design.
* Work directly with stakeholders to design/govern highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable Salesforce
* Create high level architecture/design documents which leverage Salesforce best practices and PepsiCo standards.
* Deal with ambiguous problems, take responsibility for finding solutions, and drive towards simple solutions to complex problems.
* Troubleshoot key implementation issues and demonstrate ability to drive to successful resolution.
* Use deep business knowledge of Salesforce products to help assist with estimation for major new initiatives.
* Contribute to CoE building activities by creating reference architectures, common patterns, data models and re-usable assets that empower our stake holders to maximize business value using the breadth of the Salesforce solutions available, also harvesting knowledge from existing implementations.
* Evangelize and educate internal stakeholders about Salesforce technology (e.g. CoPs, Workshops, or Conferences).
* Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS, Business, or similar field
* 15+ years of overall IT experience with a demonstrated track record of major solution design/architecture contributions in a large enterprise
* Atleast 8 -10 years of experience with Salesforce.com which includes prior experience customizing Salesforce using apex classes/triggers, LWCs, Lightning as well as Integration technologies (such as SOAP or REST)
* Atleast 4 years of experience as a Salesforce Architect/Technical lead
* Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud (application design, architecture and development)
* Agile delivery experience
* Strong Oral and Written communications skills
* Experience with Salesforce Mobile SDK
* Experience with CG Cloud or Field Service Lightning
* Active Salesforce Developer or Architect Certification
* Strong leadership and influence skills - ability to influence stakeholders to embrace designs that meet project and program objectives
* Motivated self-starter, able to change directions quickly when priorities shift and quickly think through problems to design and deliver solutions
* The Solution Designer has to be able to operate successfully in unstructured situations and build consensus around Salesforce solutions. This will require polished facilitation skills besides Salesforce technical knowledge.
Compensation & Benefits:
* The expected compensation range for this position is between $98,700 - $165,150.
* Location confirmed job-related skills and experience will be considered in setting actual starting salary.
* Bonus based on performance and eligibility target payout is 12% of annual salary paid out annually.
* Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement.
* In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.