at Nokia Siemens Networks in Naperville, Illinois, United States
Join us in creating the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud. At Nokia you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
The team you'll be part of
Strategy and Technology lays the path for Nokia's future technology innovation and identifies the most promising areas for Nokia to create new value. We set the company's strategy and technology vision, offer an unparalleled research foundation for innovation, and provide critical support infrastructure for Nokia.
Nokia Standards targets collaboration with internal and external experts to advance the state-of-the-art technology landscape as well as to protect Nokia's intellectual property. We are looking for ambitious and highly engaged colleagues as part of the Standardization & Industry Environment Team.
What you will learn and contribute to
Nokia is building on its strengths in networking to enhance its leadership and grow in LAN/MAN services and WiFi for Residential and Entreprise deployments.
Nokia has leadership role or strong participation in IEEE 802.1, 802.3 and 802.11, as well as WiFi Alliance, Wireless Broadband Association and Broadband Forum.
You will be part of the corporate standards team to enable that vision for Nokia as a whole. Regarding IEEE 802 groups, your mandate is contribute to global coordination, and to lead standards activities for WiFi domain at corporate level.
We are looking for a high-profile individual :
- Senior IEEE standardization expert, already recognized contributor in IEEE 802 groups, and capable of reaching leadership position in IEEE 802.11 in near future.
As part of our team, you will:
- Actively exercise leadership in IEEE standardization. You will help improve Nokia's visibility and thought leadership in the standardization landscape.
- Form and provide technical recommendations for Nokia position in standardization together with Nokia experts in the area on 802.11, in the framework of the internal Standardization project.
- Support Nokia Business interests and Nokia research strategy through contributions to IEEE 802.11 and Wireless Broadband Alliance.
- Engage in IEEE SA to represent Nokia views on the evolution and enhancements of IEEE SA policies and procedures.
Your skills and experience
For this role, you need to :
* Possess several years of experience in active IEEE contributions.
* Have obtained a clear IEEE 802 community recognition, demonstrated leadership (e.g. editor), leadership roles (WG chair) or strong potential and motivation toward leadership roles.
* Have a master's degree (or equivalent, PhD appreciated) in computer Science, electrical engineering, networking or telecommunication.
* Have more than 10 years of work experience in networking research and/or product software development, with recognized expertise in one or more areas: LAN/MAN, Ethernet, WiFi.
* You have an innovative and analytical mindset, and a good business acumen.
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
United States Salary Range: United States Salary Range: annual base salary of $160,000 - $200,000 USD plus eligibility for... For full info follow application link.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.