at Dexter Magnetic Technologies in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, United States
Dexter Magnetic Technologies supplies specialized magnetic solutions and components to demanding applications in the medical, aerospace, defense, semiconductor manufacturing, oil and gas, and industrial end markets. Dexter’s engineers solve complex customer problems with innovative solutions, winning business based on quality, customer support, and application engineering expertise.
For more information on Dexter Magnetic Technologies, please visit: https://www.dextermag.com/.
Major Responsibilities- Collaborate with Commercial Leadership and Key Account Managers to actively develop skills across the sales team for selling into the assigned markets.
- Actively participate in all Commercial Leadership team functions and partner with other department heads for joint development initiatives
- Develop targets and leads for the sales team to leverage into new opportunity qualification in line with Dexter’s business performance and growth expectations.
- Drive cross functional focus on new opportunities for Dexter design wins within the assigned markets.
- Mentor sales team on pricing optimization and pricing strategies to achieve Dexter’s business objectives.
- Research, segmentation, and analysis
- Utilize Voice-of-Customer (VOC) and other tools to aggregate market needs and identify prospects.
- Segment markets around actionable and achievable positioning strategies
- Perform competitive analysis inclusive of SWOT analysis.
- Monetize the benefits of Dexter’s technologies and capabilities against established market accepted solutions.
- Maintain professionalism and stay abreast of new developments through contacts with educational institutions, professional organizations, publications, trade shows and customers.
- Leads strategy deployment efforts for product/market and/or technology-based market initiatives.
- Recruit internally and develop a cross functional team as necessary to carry out the initiative.
- Set tactical direction for the team inclusive of defining the end state and associated performance metrics.
- Motivate and manage the performance of the team including tracking of task performance.
- Provide periodic updates to the Executive Management team as required about the progress of the assigned initiatives.
- Develop and deploy strategic market specific content.
- Partner with Marketing to create and deploy strategic market focused content in line with Dexter’s value proposition.
- Collaborate with sales to place market specific messaging and content to support targeted and hyper targeted advertising campaigns.
- Monitor lead development trends for impact and uses that data for continuous improvement of marketing campaigns.
- Manage market research efforts and market and competitive developments. Participate in annual marketing plan development, budget, and review.
- Market Performance
- Track and report out market performance against planned targets.
- Develop and measure ROI for market specific projects.
- Analyze channel performance and provide suggested improvements to ensure sustainable growth.
- Provide update to annual strategy for market performance.
Education and Experience
- US Citizen
- BS in Business, Engineering or Marketing required with an MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- -10 years of experience preferred in marketing management, sales management, or product management. Experience in Medical preferred.
- 5+ Years' experience in either Medical Marketing or Semi-Conductor Management/Business Development
- 5+ Years' experience marketing highly technical or custom products/services
- 5+ Years experience in Revenue Growth Responsibilities and outcomes
- High degree of business understanding, and fluency in product applications and market segment knowledge.
- Strong general computing skills such as MS Office.
- Experience in industrial technical products, OEM engineered components, and value positioning preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Excellent technical report writing and presentation skills – including ability to appropriately present technical information to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)