at CTG in Springfield, Illinois, United States
IT Program Manager
Aug 29, 2023Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking to fill anIT Program Manageropening for a client based in Rochester, MN.
Duration: 3 months
- May have overall program responsibility for a set of interrelated projects of very large size and/or high complexity, and/or multiple projects of mixed complexity levels and sizes. May also provide support to one or more projects of high complexity as part of a portfolio or program team, under the direction of senior level leadership and/or institutional committees.
- Manages or leads programs with budget responsibility up to (USD)20 million, and provides matrix supervision of staff from other IT departments and divisions.
- Proactively engages technological “subject matter experts” in high-level solution determination and direction-setting.
- Routinely interfaces with institutional committees and oversight bodies to understand priorities, develop project action plans, facilitate approvals, and work across organizational boundaries to deliver project solutions that meet the objectives of those groups.
- Responsible for achieving program and project objectives and completion on time, on budget, and in conformance to Clinic IT methodologies and practices.
- Supports strategic planning and execution of multi-year initiatives that may involve multiple interrelationships and complexities, requiring the development and execution of complex communication and management plans to achieve.
- Makes complex judgments and takes any reasonable action required to accomplish agreed to project objectives under very limited guidance.
- Serves as an internal subject matter expert regarding both departmental and institutional program and project management practices, methods and standards.
- Models the behaviors and mentors more junior colleagues in the concepts and application of a Project Focused Culture within the Information Technology department.
- Performs responsibilities with a significant degree of independence and expertise in managing multiple competing objectives and communicates complex technical information in clear and unambiguous terms to management and end user personnel.
- Strictly adheres to budget management and guidelines of both the Information Technology department and the institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree, and a minimum of 13 years’ experience managing projects and programs ranging from simple to difficult complexity while demonstrating increasing scope and depth of responsibilities, and involving multiple technological environments and/or business areas that IT supports, with demonstrated mastery in the application of PMI Process Groups and Knowledge Areas, or
- Master’s Degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience managing projects and programs involving Information Technology and/or Healthcare disciplines, ranging from simple to difficult complexity while demonstrating increasing scope and depth of responsibilities, and involving multiple technological environments and/or business areas that IT supports, with demonstrated mastery in the application of PMI Process Groups and Knowledge Areas.
- Possession of current Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification, or a comparable current certification from a nationally-recognized project management governance body with a specialized emphasis in program management. This certification must be obtained within three (3) years of date of hire.
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients’ project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It’s a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
- Job Function: Program Management & Administration
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
- Work Remote: Yes
- Travel: No