at Apex Systems in CHICAGO, Illinois, United States
Lead User Experience Researcher
Long term Contract + Extensions
100% Remote, or Hybrid (1 day per week) optional
In this role, you’ll help shape our products by uncovering user insights that ensure our teams understand and design for the needs, challenges, and pain points of our customers and store associates. Your work will also include coaching product and design partners on a range of user research methods to increase both the quantity and quality of self-directed research. With everything you do, you’ll help us champion user-centered practices across the organization and the value of user research.
- An experienced user researcher with a proven track record of shaping and delivering mixed-method research studies at every stage of the product lifecycle.
- An insightful thinker who brings sharp analysis and a strong point of view to their work, and rapidly translates insights into opportunities that serve both design and business needs.
- An effective presenter, communicator, and influencer demonstrated by strong, clear, visual outputs and deliverables.
- Comfortable independently navigating through ambiguity, and able to make quick pivots in response to new information.
- Scrappy and creative.
- Identify key research questions and objectives in partnership with product management [KC1][EW2] and design.
- Scope, plan, and execute user research, utilizing a range of mixed-method research methods with multiple cross-functional product teams.
- Identify appropriate research participants and build screeners that best align with your project needs.
- Analyze/synthesize data and findings and develop actionable insights across the product development lifecycle.
- Translate, socialize, and present insights into compelling, digestible, and actionable deliverables that resonate with cross-functional partners, expose new opportunities, influence both near- and long-term product vision and strategy.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a UX researcher, working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in eCommerce is a bonus.
- Experience with a range of methods: usability (task-based) studies, user interviews, diary studies, surveys, usability benchmarking, contextual inquiries; etc. Quantitative experience (large-scale surveys, tracking studies) is a major bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.