at Toyal America Inc. in Lockport, Illinois, United States
The maintenance technician utilizes troubleshooting and mechanical/electrical knowledge to repair and maintain various plant equipment.
Nature and Scope
This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. The maintenance technician works on 12 hour rotating shifts schedule. The maintenance department provides plant support 24/7/365. The key responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- A focus on safety in all aspects of work, including housekeeping
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment breakdowns involving mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components.
- Tear down equipment, rebuild, and replace defective parts and components such as: motors, gear boxes, clutches, bearings, etc, as needed. Re-assembles and tests equipment before being turned over for normal operation.
- Utilizing schematics, P & ID’s and manuals, troubleshoot, repair/replace switches, relays, level sensors, level probes, pressure transducers, solenoids, motor controls (up to and including 480 VAC), I/O to PLC’s, etc.
- Perform repairs and calibrate electrical and/or electronic instruments such as heat controls, timers, relays, etc.
- Performs assigned Preventive Maintenance tasks within the scheduled time frame
- Provides emergency / unscheduled repairs as necessary to keep downtime to a minimum and address safety issues.
- Maintain boiler, steam, condensate, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems and equipment, take samples, perform chemical analysis tests utilizing color rendition, and make adjustments as needed
- Maintain high pressure process gas compressors, inert gas generators, N2 PSA unit, and plant air system to satisfy production needs.
- Complete all required work permits (e.g. Lock-Out Tag-Out, Hot Work, Confined Space, etc.)
- Follow safety policies and evaluate all non-routine tasks prior to performing the job to ensure the work can be completed safely
- Follow work instructions and procedures as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or written documents.
- Documents work completed on Work Orders, including time spent making repairs and to make notes related to specific observations or repairs that were completed.
- Works overtime as needed/scheduled in order to meet plant performance and production requirements.
- Supports ISO 9001as instructed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Candidate must be a self-starter, require minimal supervision, and communicate effectively with management and co-workers
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
- Able to diagnose and correct issues with plant equipment
- Ability to understand electrical schematics and Process & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s) and to use them as a tool for troubleshooting purposes
- Knowledge of compressors, piping, pumps, boilers, co-linear shaft alignment, and HVAC equipment (CFC certification not required)
- Able to read and understand equipment manuals
- Minor welding/brazing (certification not required)
- Pipe fitting
- Able to use computer-based software.
- Must be able to achieve and maintain forklift operator certification