at Rose International Inc. in Lisle, Illinois, United States
- **Only those lawfully authorized to work in the designated country associated with the position will be considered.**
- **Please note that all Position start dates and duration are estimates and may be reduced or lengthened based upon a client’s business needs and requirements.**
Company: Rose International
Job Title: Sr. UX Product Designer
Client Job ID: 7694
Duration: 10/16/2023 to 02/21/2024
Location: Lisle, IL (Hybrid, 3 days onsite), Local candidates only to Lisle, IL
The UX Product Designer, delivers design that works, based on user evidence. They are the user's advocate. They research, architect, prototype, specify and make the case for user-centered experience on the product they are assigned. They do it by testing and iterating on proposed approaches to complete specific tasks until an approach is proven to deliver the intended user and business outcomes - including Objective Key Results (OKRs). If no OKR's are provided, the Product Designer establishes them and measures design approach effectiveness against them.
The UX Product Designer is also a contributing member of client's Enterprise Design Community of Excellence. This includes receiving and giving support to other designers, contributing to and establishing standard ways of working, establishing and enforcing design system standards and components, consistency between their product and others' and owning authority and responsibility over the UX competency on your product team.
Time & Location Requirements:
• On site Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
• Optional remote Mondays and Fridays.
• Occasional travel required for user research.
• Hours: Mornings are meeting-heavy to work with Europe and India.
The candidate must have demonstrable expertise in the following:
- Primary User Research
- Secondary User Research
- User Journey Documentation
- Usability Testing
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- Prototyping in Figma
- Creating and Consuming design system components in Figma
- Final Visual Design/Specification
- User needs advocacy soft-skills
- Critical Thinking and interpretive skills required to approach and make recommendations for problems that don't have established UX approaches.
- Critical Thinking and interpretive skills to follow conventional approaches for problems that do have well established UX best practices, AKA 'Conventions.'
- Collaborative skills to support the design community, advocate for users with product teams and pivot and adjust to account for business viability and development feasibility.
- Confidence to recommend not releasing design that is not ready for users.
For information and details on employment benefits offered with this position, please visit here. Should you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secure website.
California Pay Equity:
For information and details on pay equity laws in California, please visit the State of California Department of Industrial Relations' website here.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need assistance in completing this application, or during any phase of the application, interview, hiring, or employment process, whether due to a disability or otherwise, please contact our HR Department.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.).