at MIDLAND STATES BANK in Rockford, Illinois, United States
At Midland States Bank, base salary is one component of our Total Rewards program. Exact compensation is determined by factors such as (but not limited to) education, skills, internal equity, and experience. This position offers additional compensation in the form of short-term incentives (i.e. bonus and/or commission) and may include long-term incentives (i.e. stock awards). Benefits for this role include comprehensive healthcare, well-being benefits, paid family leave as well as generous paid time off. Total Rewards also include banking perks, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K plan with company match and may include the opportunity to participate in our Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation plan. Incentives and benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
The Universal Banker II position is responsible for delivering excellent customer experiences to current and potential customers. Employees in this position will display effective communication skills and exhibit advanced knowledge of products and services offered. Responsible for identifying referral opportunities that will result in outcomes that define excellent customer service.
- Proactively seeks ways to expand customer relationships to achieve both individual and branch goals.
- Confidently drive sales through building relationships, great service, and product knowledge. Track and monitor sales and opportunities in the customer information software.
- Maintain a working knowledge of personal products, trusts, HSA’s, IRA’s, business products and services.
- Proficient in non-real estate secured lending.
- Keen understanding and development with real estate secured lending.
- Proficient in determining consumer needs through needs-based questioning allowing them to build and deepen customer relationships.
- Referring to our banking partners utilizing skills obtained through internal sales training courses.
- Achieve or exceed personal and team goals as set.
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to conduct sales activity with little supervision.
- Participate in onsite visits to customers to promote Perks at Work Program & Merchant Services.
- Participate in outbound teleconsulting to promote and expand current client relationships.
- Accurately processing customer transactions, balancing, and safeguarding against fraud.
- Participation in community groups or events to obtain networking opportunities.
- Participate in bank sponsored community activities.
- Train and mentor new hires on teller and/or banker system.
- Actively participate in weekly huddles and one on one coaching sessions.
- Serves as relief and /or backup UB II in other locations of Midland States Bank.
- Demonstrates and models Midland States Bank core values that support the bank’s culture.
- Timely completion of al
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status