at Dixon Automatic Tool, Inc. in Rockford, Illinois, United States
Dixon Automatic Tool, Inc. is a family-owned business founded in 1946. We design and build automated assembly machinery with a focus on automated screwdriving. These are complex sales of engineered machines, designed around proven standard ‘Dixon’ mechanisms, and constructed and tooled to assemble the customer’s parts to a defined specification.
Dixon Automatic Tool, Inc. has a long history of designing and building equipment, stations, robotic end-effectors, and machinery for the automated assembly of products, focusing on processes such as part pressing, placing, screwdriving, and fastening applications. Markets served are electrical, electronic, automotive, construction products, medical, and the appliance industries.
Our company operates a first-shift, daytime, on-site, work schedule. We offer excellent benefits of Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, Disability, and 401K/Roth retirement program.
Assembly Machine Designer
We are seeking a creative Assembly Machine Designer to turn our customer’s specifications and Purchase Order into an assembly machine that exceeds expectations. While working with company managers and staff, must manage the Project through design, build and test to meet cost, performance, and delivery requirements.
Tooling designs are a combination of standard assembly stations, automated screwdriving, special fixtures, and target part manipulation. Machine formats will range from simple stationary fixtures to two-position slides, dial index tables, robotic assembly, servo mechanisms, walking beam, power and free, pallet transfer, carrousel, and continuous motion. We also sell automation products and stations to machine integrators and work with them to insure a successful integration into their assembly machinery and systems.
Machines employ parts handling technology as vibratory parts feeders, inline feed systems, step feeders, centrifugal feeders, transfer escapements, shuttles, track, and blow feeding of fasteners.
• Create solutions based on our Project Directives, customer requirements and budget
• Apply Dixon standard components per customer objectives
• Project Management – communicates with staff & customers and manages project throughout design, build, test & customer acceptance
• Design approval drawings, Bills of Materials, machine design, & Engineering Release package
• Oversees the test and refinement stage of machine completion
• Work with sales application engineers in solving project goals
• Work with and train other employees