at Rose International Inc. in Morton, Illinois, United States
Company: Rose International
Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
Client Job ID: 21434
Duration: 12 months
Location: Morton, IL 61550 (Hybrid)
Position’s Contributions to Work Group:
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Senior Data Scientist in Morton, IL.
Product Support and Logistics Division
The Client''s PIC Analytics Team uses quantitative methods such as business simulations, data mining, and advanced statistical techniques to solve problems. The Senior Data Scientist contributes to this mission by leveraging his or her quantitative analysis, data management, modeling and/or data visualization skills as an individual contributor to project teams tasked with solving business problems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Statistical modeling and analysis of dealer parts demand & inventory management
• Improvement of existing and development of new inventory optimization techniques
• Development, execution, and analysis of inventory management simulations
• Analytics-based research in both independent and project team environments
• Ad-hoc problem solving, data analysis, data processing, and data visualization
• Developing/refining large-scale solutions to fit complex situations in multiple unique environments
• Building familiarity with PIC system functionality and dealer service parts management practices
• Decision-making on routine, medium-risk issues that affect project teams and internal customers
• Effective communication of complex concepts and solutions to stakeholders & internal customers
Typical task breakdown:
- Python coding, transitioning SQL OR SAS code, optimizing code, writing code
- Problem solving
- Research & analytical thinking
- Working on improving/establishing Living Machine Logistics (LML) with team.
- Team meetings
- Support and running simulations.
- Support in other projects as needed.
Interaction with team:
- Daily basis work with all people on the LML project.
Teamwork culture, hybrid, flexible, reach the goal/deadline together with strong customer focus.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar field with quantitative coursework, and 4-5 years of professional experience utilizing quantitative analysis.
Will accept a Master’s degree and 2-3 years of experience, or a PhD in one of the associated fields.
- Experience with analytical tools like SAS, SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Advanced Excel, Power BI (desired).
- Demonstrated experience working in MS Office and industry standard statistics and data visualization packages
- 3+ years of professional experience utilizing quantitative analysis
- Knowledge of basic statistical approaches and/or data management techniques
- Project management
- 2-4 years’ experience with automotive industry, working with a different unit or working with different products, processes or systems is desirable.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Effective communication (verbal and with digital media)
- Experience interacting directly with dealers or external customers.
- Exhibited the ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments
- Has demonstrated the ability to effectively communicate concepts using data visualization
Travel Requirement: None
On-Site Interview Required: No
Export Control Requirements: Yes
For information and details on employment benefits offered with this position, please visit here. Should you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secure website.
California Pay Equity:
For information and details on pay equity laws in California, please visit the State of California Department of Industrial Relations' website here.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need assistance in completing this application, or during any phase of the application, interview, hiring, or employment process, whether due to a disability or otherwise, please contact our HR Department.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.).