at Group O in Rock Island, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionGroup O
Location: US-IL-Rock Island
Job ID: 2023-5332
Division: Supply Chain
Group O is searching for a Production Supervisor in our Supply Chain Division. The Production Supervisor will lead all production processes by being responsible for leading an engaged team that will execute business deliverables. In this role, you will ensure safety, quality, and morale objectives are met. Key responsibilities are routine operations of assigned area, ensuring direct reports are following policies and procedures related to compliance. Monitor production outcomes, quantity, and quality to ensure customer requirements are met. Develop, supervise, and provide coaching to direct reports including coaching company core values. Other duties as assigned, responsible for personnel decisions related to performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports.
- Managing production activity
- Supervising employees
- Proposing production schedules
- Setting up production activity
- Ensuring a safe work environment in production
- Identifying issues and managing issue resolution
- Managing employee issues
- Training employees
- Managing workloads
- Monitoring activity levels
- Assigning and adjusting assignments based on resource availability.
- Managing production escalations
- Managing the kitting team's productivity performance
- Collecting data for labor costs and productivity measurement
- Reviewing and validating labor cost and productivity data
- Acting based on labor cost and productivity performance.
- Managing the kitting team's quality performance to goals
- Maintaining relevant and effective quality audits
- Collecting data for quality measurement
- Reviewing and validating quality measurement data
- Acting based on quality performance.
- Looking up schedules, production orders and inventory locations in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Maintaining a safe, clean and orderly work area
- Finding and supporting opportunities for improved performance, cost-savings and efficiency
- Performing tasks assigned to direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Flexibility in daily hours worked based on workloads.
- On-call accessibility
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Minimum three years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team management skills
- Ability to follow work instructions and procedures.
- Ability to learn and work with Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) software.
- Strong organizational skills
- Aptitude for project management
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Ability to delegate effectively.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status