at Asahi Kasei America in Glenview, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionThe Asahi Kasei Group operates with a commitment of creating for tomorrow. Our business sectors, Material, Homes, and Health Care, contribute to the development of society by anticipating the changing needs of those around the world. We look for candidates that offer a fresh perspective and a variety of skills to help us achieve our commitment.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Asahi Kasei Bioprocess where we sell Planova® virus removal filters and develops and manufactures related bioprocess equipment.
Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America, Inc.
Asahi Kasei Bioprocess (AKB) provides pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturers with a comprehensive suite of tools to maximize safety and improve yields of biotherapeutics during research, clinical and commercial-scale production. Planova ™ virus-removal filters anchor a diverse product portfolio defined by quality, consistency and scalability. Additional areas of expertise include liquid chromatography, inline buffer dilution and oligonucleotide synthesis.
We are a growing team (150+) of professionals excited about what we do and our ability to impact healthcare delivery systems worldwide. We offer a "big company" benefits package and a "small company" culture and work environment. Every employee at Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America can impact our future.
As an Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America employee, you will enjoy:
- Strong company culture
- Competitive Compensation with Bonuses
- Great health benefits with the company paying over 80% of insurance premiums
- Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Strong company match to 401(k) contributions
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Giving Program
- Paid Parental Leave
We are currently looking for an EHS Specialist to join our team at AKBA! The individual in this role will facilitate environmental, health, and safety tasks and improvements, and maintains appropriate records of evidence of compliance with applicable regulations and standards. Under the direction of the Director of Quality and Safety, the EHS Specialist fosters a culture where the work environment and employees' health and safety come first.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure compliance with company policies, ISO standards, and regulatory requirements, including federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to EHS.
- Facilitate periodic facility assessments of an environmental or safety nature and provide feedback and opportunities for improvement to area management.
- Partner with area management on EHS improvements throughout the facility.
- Manage onsite chemical inventory and safety data sheet library, ensuring records and reporting are up to date.
- Assist with the recording of safety and environmental incidents, investigations, and countermeasures.
- Assist with information gathering on safety and environmental changes in order to assess and document risk
- Participate on the Safety Committee, attend monthly meetings, and complete assignments as directed
- Support the Sustainability Lead with sustainability projects, as needed
- Other projects, as assigned
- 2-5 years of experience successfully assisting with EHS activities in a manufacturing setting
- Basic familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 quality management system requirements
- Experience with OSHA and EPA regulations
- Working knowledge of hazardous chemical properties, safe handling, and storage
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with a broad range of skills/tools to analyze problems and determine root causes
- Strong, collaborative problem-solving skills
- Mastery of MS-Office software tools
- OSHA 30-Hour Training
- ASP or CSP certification
- Experience working with a safety or environmental management system (e.g. - ISO 14001, ISO 45001)
- Experience with aspects of equipment used in biopharmaceutical production preferred
- Familiarity with ETQ QMS software preferred
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
As an equal opportunity employer, Asahi Kasei believes a diverse workforce will provide us with the ability to continuously support the changes in the economy, society, and environment.