at LANGAN ENGINEERING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES INC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking a Software Solutions Engineer / Developer to join its national Digital Solutions team. This individual will play a crucial role in developing and implementing systems that support both current and future client software applications. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a growing and fast-paced development team that creates modern mobile and web applications for both internal and external users.
- Develop and maintain web applications using React and Next.JS;
- Collaborate with other developers, designers, and stakeholders to ensure high-quality software development;
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code;
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other developers;
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in existing codebases;
- Remain up to date with emerging trends and technologies in software development;
- Build slick data visualizations including map data, dashboards, and reports;
- Solve problems by creating and proposing technical solutions; and
- Promote the Digital Solutions team throughout Langan by giving demos, presentations, and training to technical and non-technical users.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline (Master’s degree a plus);
- Understanding of modern development tools such as Git, NodeJS/NPM, debugging, CI/CD, and build systems;
- Working with JSON-based REST APIs;
- Proactive and comprehensive troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Self-motivated learner who continually keeps up to date with new technology;
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible, and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- High caliber of self-motivation with the ability to work well within groups; and
- Ability to work efficiently and produce accurate and thorough work.
- Other languages such as Python, C#, .NET 7, or Dart/Flutter;
- Full stack development experience;
- Experience working with Docker containers; and
- Design skills.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.