at LANGAN ENGINEERING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES INC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking a Civil Engineering Intern or Co-op to join its collaborative team in Chicago, IL. This individual will serve a key function in supporting site feasibility studies which may involve field work, technical report preparation and calculations, pre-construction conditions documentation, design plans and specifications. In this role, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience technically and professionally by partnering directly with industry leadership on a variety of exciting land development projects, including residential, industrial, and renewable energy projects.Job Responsibilities
- Assist with the planning, design and permitting of civil engineering, land development and infrastructure projects;
- Assist with the preparation and modification of various engineering documents including reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, cost estimates and design plans for projects using engineering and design software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc.) and equipment;
- Effectively use reports, maps, drawings, engineering plans, tests, and aerial photographs to assess soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and topographical and geologic data and their impact on the planning and design of projects;
- Support zoning, ordinance and permit assessments, assists with the sidewalk cast estimations, and determines the feasibility of projects based on the analysis of collected data;
- Provide field inspection services, as needed;
- Apply knowledge and techniques of engineering and advanced mathematics;
- Collaborate with team members on project tasks and assignments; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Student actively pursuing a four year or advanced degree in Civil Engineering; Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and unofficial academic transcripts.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.