at Chapman and Cutler LLP in Chicago, Illinois, United States
The Chicago office of Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking a Practice Management Specialist to join its Banking and Financial Services group. The Firm seeks a bright, motivated candidate with strong communications skills and excellent attention to detail. Though preference will be given to candidates with project management experience and transaction advisory experience, we are willing to train and would like to hire an ambitious individual interested in learning about, and growing with, our practice. Individuals who are looking to experience work in a law firm environment and have an interest in attending business school or law school in 2-4 years are also encouraged to apply.
The responsibilities of the Practice Management Specialist will include:
- Works closely with partners and deal teams to manage clients, deal teams and deal work.
- Creates, monitors and updates a database of live transactions and workflow.
- Maintains a database of business development initiatives and key client relationships.
- Creates schedules for each deal, corresponds with client teams and deal teams, and assures transaction execution.
- Coordinates UCC filings and other collateral documentation and monitoring.
- Manages organization of the practice, including maintaining forms and databases, managing client-specific and deal-specific forms, and working with Chapman Practice Innovations to create new database and technology solutions.
- Maintains database of prospective transactions; tracks and provides updates on status.
- Leads financial management of the practice, including coordinating billing, collection and fee proposals with the Firm’s financial management partners.
- Assists with scheduling client team meetings, deal team meetings and business development activities.
- Analyzes existing systems and procedures and recommends improvements to ensure efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Develops standard operating procedures for routine processes.
- Develops Smartsheet or utilizes other tools to manage practice operations.
The ideal candidate will have excellent project management and organization skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to project professional presence and demonstrate flexibility in work assignments is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Project Management certification desired, but not required.
- Attention to detail and timelines. Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints. Capacity to effectively manage professional personnel and time sensitive assignments.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and utilize technology to locate information, create project management tools and work with form documents and other applications.
- Advanced Smartsheet and Microsoft Excel experience.
- Able to work toward and meet required deadlines. Work may require more than 35 hours per week to perform the duties of the position and may require irregular hours.
- Committed to following all Firm security protocols and maintaining information security.
All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.