at MIDLAND STATES BANK in Mendota, Illinois, United States
At Midland States Bank, base salary is one component of our Total Rewards program. Exact compensation is determined by factors such as (but not limited to) education, skills, internal equity, and experience. This position offers additional compensation in the form of short-term incentives (i.e. bonus and/or commission) and may include long-term incentives (i.e. stock awards). Benefits for this role include comprehensive healthcare, well-being benefits, paid family leave as well as generous paid time off. Total Rewards also include banking perks, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K plan with company match and may include the opportunity to participate in our Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation plan. Incentives and benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
The Universal Banker Trainee position is responsible for delivering excellent customer experiences to current and potential customers. Employees in this position will display effective communication skills and exhibit a good knowledge of the products and services offered. Also responsible for offering referral opportunities that will result in outcomes that define excellent customer service.
An employee will remain in a trainee position until they have proven their ability to effectively place customers in the correct mix of product and services through needs based questioning. They must be able to regularly meet and/or exceed performance and production goals established by the Banking Center Manager.
- Institutional knowledge of banking.
- Receive cash and checks for deposit, verifying amounts, looking at endorsements and reviewing checks for possible fraud including holds.
- Examines cash carefully to guard against counterfeit bills.
- Cashes checks for customers in accordance with bank policy. Enters transactions into computer system and issues receipts.
- Provides accurate customer service to include balancing cash drawer throughout the day to reduce and eliminate teller differences.
- Understanding basic knowledge of deposit and lending products & services.
- Able to identify correct product types through needs-based questioning allowing them to build and deepen customer relationships to include determining needs and referring business partners.
- Assists with basic deposit account openings and maintenance requests with monitoring and coaching provided by a senior level employee.
- Develop sales and product knowledge allowing them to achieve personal and team goals as set. Track and monitor those sales and opportunities in the customer information software.
- Participate in onsite visits to customers to promote the Employee Perks at Work Program & Merchant Services.
- Proactively participates in outbound teleconsulting to promote and expand current client relationships.
- Actively participate in weekly huddles and one on one coaching sessions.
- Serves as relief and /or backup teller in other locations of Midland States Bank.
- Timely co
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status