at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chica in Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
LocationSimpson Querrey Biomedical Research Center
Works with healthcare providers, clinical and operational leadership, Epic application analysts, and information technology staff to develop and deliver datasets, analyses, statistical process control charts and other data products to measure and monitor healthcare quality, safety, research and process improvement initiatives. Serves as the team's expert on biostatistics, the statistics of quality measurement and the use of statistical software and facilitates the conversion of project requirements into database extraction and analysis code and procedures.
Understands clinical and operational processes and how these are recorded in and extracted from the Epic electronic medical record. Takes ownership of project plans, including estimation of task durations, documentation and communication of risks, dependencies and constraints, and tracking of issues impacting project completion.
1. Master's degree in statistics, biostatistics, data science, health informatics, computer science, engineering social or behavioral science, or other field related to healthcare quality improvement or process control.
2. A minimum of 4 years of experience programming SAS statistical software (or equivalent).
3. Demonstrated expertise in statistical process control, hypothesis testing, and/or multivariate analysis methodologies applied to healthcare themes.
4. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Business Intelligence tools, including SSRS and Power BI, or equivalent.
5. Demonstrated competency in communication, collaboration and project management.
6. Demonstrated experience presenting analytic findings to academic audiences.
7. Ability to write clear and concise technical memos, report sections, and project-related documentation.
8. Ability to verbally describe technical reporting and statistical issues and solutions to a non-technical audience.
9. Ability to create, manage and interpret complex datasets, including data aggregation, analysis, and data mining.
10. One or more years of experience writing SQL queries and implementing basic techniques to improve efficiency preferred.
11. Prior experience extracting or analyzing Epic electronic medical record data preferred.
1.Provides analytics and reporting support to the department of Psychiatry with interdisciplinary healthcare research related support to projects within the Quantitative Science Pillar.
2.Writes analytic and statistical programs, routines and stored processes to transform extracts into tables and figures, or other data summaries, visualizations and dashboards using SAS or equivalent statistical software and Microsoft tools (SSRS, Power Pivot, Power Query, Power BI).
3. Creates statistical process control charts using SAS QC (specifically PROC SHEWHART) and facilitate their interpretation through clearly written technical documentation and verbal discussion.
4.Records and refines data requirements related to projects on the measurement and monitoring of clinical practice, healthcare quality, and workflow processes.
5. Writes programs and scripts that convert customer requirements into data extracts, making use of Epic Clarity, Epic Cogito data warehouse, Crystal Reports, SQL, and/or SAS statistical software.
6.Facilitates the validation of database/data warehouse extracts to ensure that results correspond to what is recorded in the transactional application (i.e., Epic Hyperspace).
7. Adheres to HIPAA regulations for privacy, transactions, security and confidentiality; follows procedures to ensure data release restrictions related to service area and/or IRB approved elements are maintained.
8. Other job functions as assigned.
EducationMaster's Degree (Required)
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
Student loan servicing and support
Backup Childcare and... For full info follow application link.