at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
30% Under general direction, serves as the staff assistant to the Manager of the Web Application Development Section of Department of Innovation and Technology supporting the Illinois Department of Revenue (/IDOR):
- Provides technical assistance, advice, and guidance to the Section Manager and Division Manager in the highly complex program aspects relating to the Web Application Development Section systems and project assignments.
- Plans, directs, and conducts extensive technical and complex research, systems analysis, and studies of application development projects for systems, having major impact on the implementation of new data sources, new versions of systems, and year-end changes and testing of legislative and processing initiatives and directives.
- Keeps abreast of pending legislation, reviews and analyzes legislative mandates, user-initiated process changes, and directives from the Section Manager and upper-level management to determine impact on Section systems.
- Submits impact reports to the Section Manager for review.
- Upon approval of the Section Manager, coordinates, plans, and implements changes resulting from legislation.
- Develops and maintains communication with other Sections within the Division.
- Provides technical assistance to Section staff and outside agency and vendor staff in resolving problems.
20% Develops and maintains communication with outside agencies, vendor groups, and Section Manager to obtain and share information on program data requirements related to major project implementations of new data sources to systems, new audit, and research programs, and testing of research and auditing initiatives and directives:
- Coordinates application system interface changes and activities with Information Technology and User Processing staff, other operational areas, and application processing groups.
- Develops and documents processes and procedures.
- Manipulates and formats various electronic file and data formats.
- Performs system testing and coordinates planning and implementation as project changes are completed.
- Utilizes the following technologies in the performance of duties: C# or Visual Basic.NET, Office Suite tools such as Microsoft Office, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services, Azure DevOps, and Git Hub.
- Monitors and reviews completed changes to ensure the security and integrity of data stored in systems.
20% Performs highly responsible functions coordinating and assisting with the direction of Revenue application planning standards and procedures for use by the Section:
- Monitors the work of lower-level staff to ensure compliance with Information Technology standards and procedures for application development and implementation.
- Coordinates initial training and ongoing education of the Section support staff to familiarize them with application features and capabilities.
15% Serves as lead worker:
- Assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work assignments of staff.
- Discusses problem areas or complex issues with staff and recommends courses of action.
- Provides second party sign-off.
- Confers with employees concerning work performance.
- Provides input to supervisor related to performance evaluations in the area of quantity, quality, and timeliness.
10% Coordinates and performs duties with Section Manager, including planning stages of projects based on the needs and funding of the Department:
- Oversees projects that cross sections or divisions.
- Determines project components; develops and documents processes and procedure.
- Evaluates and prioritizes projects and assignments, informs staff of proper priority of assignments, and monitors overall systems changes.
- Notifies the Section Manager of competed projects and reassigns new projects to lower-level project coordinators.
- Monitors and tracks the progress of each programmer’s assigned task.
- Reviews and approves the final product received from the project coordinators and returns and tracks revision.
- Completes the more complex projects.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.