at Rose International Inc. in Mossville, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionDate Posted: 09/11/2023 Hiring Organization: Rose International Position Number: 449845 Job Title: Technical Support Specialist Job Location: Mossville, IL, USA, 61552 Employment Type: Temporary Estimated Duration (In Weeks): 104 Skills/Attributes: Aftertreatment Engineer, CPI - Continuous Product Improvement, Diesel Engines, Technical Support
Job Description Job Title: Technical Support Specialist – Diesel Engine / Aftertreatment Systems
Client Job ID: 21944
Industry: Construction / Automotive
• This position serves as a subject matter expert providing troubleshooting assistance on IPSD engine and after treatment systems for client dealer technical communicators.
• The candidate will be responsible for working directly with dealers to resolve complex problems, as well as identify potential emerging issues.
• Has expert knowledge of the company’s processes, systems and methodologies.
• Performs complex analysis work, identifies and resolves problems that are complex in nature.
Typical Day in the Role
• Receives dealer inquiries via DSN, Phone, E-mail, Event Logger, standardized product problem forms - CPI Web template inquires, reports, etc.
• Utilizes the DSN to populate service request tickets with the relevant product event data/information (dealer, customer product application, product problem description, application, most likely root cause, incident reports, repair information, escalation, and resolution).
• Divided inquiries into 3 categories: Safety and product down, product health with no documented repair action, and informational.
• Search and investigate client systems for validated information on known potential product problems, technical inquires, etc.
• Utilizes the following systems: CPI Search, CPI Event Logger, SISWeb, SIMS, TMI, PIS, RWA, EDS, REDI, etc.
• Communicate emerging issues to Service Engineers for CPI issue creation as appropriate. Coordinate failed parts return, and notify the corresponding Service Engineer when they arrive
Education & Experience Required:
• 5+ years of diesel engine and aftertreatment systems experience in design, performance, product support, or technical field experience.
• 2+ years of previous dealer/customer support experience
• Strong mechanical aptitude and analytical ability
Technical Skills (Required)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Agricultural, or Mechanical Engineering
• Think BIG and/or Think BIGGER graduate
• DSN Analyst experience
• Knowledge of the CPI processes, product support, and warranty systems/tools
• Familiarity with Dealer repair processes and troubleshooting steps.
Soft Skills (Required)
• Strong communication skills
For information and details on employment benefits offered with this position, please visit here. Should you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secure website.
California Pay Equity:
For information and details on pay equity laws in California, please visit the State of California Department of Industrial Relations' website here.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need assistance in completing this application, or during any phase of the application, interview, hiring, or employment process, whether due to a disability or otherwise, please contact our HR Department.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.).