at Rose International Inc. in Mossville, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionDate Posted: 08/01/2023 Hiring Organization: Rose International Position Number: 447254 Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (Engine Testing) Job Location: Mossville, IL, USA, 61552 Employment Type: Temporary Estimated Duration (In Weeks): 52 Skills/Attributes: Blueprints, CAD, Engine Management, Engineer
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Client Job ID: 17389
- The main function of a mechanical engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes.
- A typical mechanical engineer has the ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints.
Typical task breakdown:
- Responsible for engine structures & dynamics development/validation of engine components and systems by evaluating complex failure modes and providing technical guidance/expertise to provide NPI/CPI product validation.
- Perform (Linear vibrations, Stress/Strain, modal testing) to provide design recommendations by utilizing data acquisition systems (LMS, EDAQ,CDAQ) and analyzing test data using statistical and data analysis tools (LMS, DATK, MS PROJECT), to improve the structural integrity components for various large engine applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for NPI&CPI programs, including product design, product development, metallurgy, quality, reliability, mechanics, technicians, and suppliers to ensure efficient flow of projects from initiation to execution level.
- Engine test lab, hands-on with testing. Dynamic facility Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor''s degree in engineering required.
- 5-7 years experience required. Technical Skills
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Hands-on test experience
- Vibration testing experience (Accelerometer, shake table, strain gauge) Soft Skills
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
For information and details on employment benefits offered with this position, please visit here. Should you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secure website.
California Pay Equity:
For information and details on pay equity laws in California, please visit the State of California Department of Industrial Relations' website here.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need assistance in completing this application, or during any phase of the application, interview, hiring, or employment process, whether due to a disability or otherwise, please contact our HR Department.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.).