at Group O in Milan, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionGroup O
Job ID: 2023-5341
Division: Supply Chain
The Material Handler is responsible for performing duties as assigned to ensure that warehouse activities are consistently performed to meet internal and external requirements.
• Materials handlers oversee the process of moving and distributing materials.
• Take materials from one location to another and may be involved in the process of unloading and loading the materials to be transported.
• Physically moves materials and uses material handling equipment to move materials.
- Performing the following tasks related to the completion of inbound shipments: o Unloading shipments from carriers o
- Inspecting materials received
- Reporting on discrepancies and quarantining materials as necessary o Counting and recording inventory received o Receiving inventory into warehouse management system o Putting away received inventory
- Performing the following tasks related to completion of outbound shipments:
- Picking inventory
- Inspecting materials to be shippe
- Reporting on discrepancies and quarantining materials as necessary Preforming following task for picking
- Counting inventory
- Recording inventory on WMS Maintaining a safe, clean and orderly work area
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior material handling equipment certification or licensing
- Ability to drive a forklift and other handling equipment
- Ability to work with WMS software and equipment
- 6 months of prior material handling equitment operation
- Aptitude to learn the use of scales, forklifts and other production equitment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time Ability to follow work instructions and procedures
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Flexibility in daily hours worked based on workloads
- Ability to work with and meet deadlines
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status