at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
25% Under administrative direction, serves as Customer Information Control System (CICS) Administrator for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT):
- Performs complex installations, systems generation, configurations, testing and implementation of software, hardware, and operating systems.
- Approves and documents installations and enhancements.
- Coordinates complex enhancements and maintenance with the client.
- Supports and Utilizes TSO, ISPF, SMP/E, JCL, Mainframe utility programs, VSAM, TCP/IP, CICS data base structures, including troubleshooting, problem resolution, software installation, upgrades, or security.
25% Conducts and coordinates in-depth studies involving substantial technical research and systems analysis:
- Develops complex written IT analysis and recommendation documents:
- Develops written implementation plans.
- Provides complex technical assistance to clients and technicians pertaining to mainframe software and operating systems.
- Conducts reviews of complex components and processes making recommendations for modifications to provide availability, flexibility, and usability for clients.
- Reviews, creates, and modifies current configurations, tables and programs as needed.
- Configures and maintains security requirements for CICS on Mainframe systems.
- Updates existing processes for installs.
- Develops processes on configuration of CICS software and CICS components that are installed and implemented.
- Provides monitoring and reporting of software and Mainframe database systems.
20% Performs problem diagnostics of complex operating systems and problems:
- Evaluates and resolves problems.
- Monitor connectivity and utilize software to notify of alerts.
- Resolves complex mainframe hardware and software problems.
- Performs diagnostics and resolution on CICS system software problems, serves on-call for more complex situations.
- Confers and facilitates solutions with vendors to resolve software and hardware problems.
- Serves as liaison between agency customers and DoIT management and technicians for resolution of customer requirements.
- Monitors trouble tickets to ensure acceptable service levels to agencies within listed time frames are being met.
- Escalates time sensitive trouble calls to senior staff and/or appropriate vendor for faster resolution time.
- Utilizes and supports IBM Omegamon for z/OS.
(Job Responsibilities continued)
20% Serves as project coordinator for full-range major/complex projects:
- Coordinates very large hardware/software deployments and installations, documentation, testing and implementation of complex vendor supplied software systems across multiple agencies and locations:
- Acts as subject matter expert for all CICS software and components.
- Determines and coordinates project components such as project scheduling andtechnical assignments.
- Assigns and reviews work required.
- Provides expertise, guidance, and direction to staff when requested.
- Reviews results and incorporates individual components of project into the final product.
- Interprets policies, procedures, standards, and methodologies for project team members.
- Develops written IT standards, methods, procedures, and forms to implement and improve various systems.
- Provides status reports to supervisor as specified.
5% Keeps abreast of new developments in the Information Technology (IT) and Mainframe fields:
- Continues education by attending meetings, training sessions, seminars, and conferences to increase familiarity with and maintain current on IT products, vendors, techniques, and procedures.
- Attends demonstrations and exhibitions related to assigned operations.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.