at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionJob Responsibilities
30% Under general direction, serves as a Project Coordinator performing difficult and specialized professional project related work for the Department of Innovation and Technology (DoIT):
- With guidance from supervisor and/or senior management, coordinates and organizes assigned small, medium, and large technology projects, maintenance, and operation deployments for DoIT and State agencies.
- Coordinates a multi-level team on complex projects.
- Administers, reviews and monitors projects to ensure they satisfy/meet cost, time and scope as defined by the Project Manager and stakeholders.
- Reviews and monitors projects for Department and State policy and procedure compliance.
- Creates and maintains a project schedule that communicates tasks, milestone dates, status reporting, resource allocation and financial status to project stakeholders/team.
- Tracks and reports status on task progress, budget, schedule, issues, and risks to manager and/or Senior Project Manager and project stakeholders.
- Assists Manager and senior management in planning and developing policies and operational procedures for the EPMO Office.
- Works outside of normal business hours to meet deadlines, as necessary.
25% Plans, coordinates, and implements technical and operation activities:
- Communicates with DoIT clients to identify and define project scope, requirements, and objectives.
- Confers with project teams to ensure project scope and requirements are clear.
- Coordinates and assists project staff in resource management on projects.
- Reviews and prepares content published to the EPMO website.
- Drives problem investigation and resolution when necessary.
- Reviews and monitors projects to ensure issues and risks are identified, communicated, and mitigated and that projects are delivered successfully through to production.
- Prepares and maintains technical and project documentation.
- Prepares and reviews project proposals, memos, meeting minutes and emails.
- Presents information to others with clarity and precision.
- Maintains satisfactory working relationships with others.
15% Prepares, assigns, and schedules Service Now Tasks with DoIT Infrastructure Service teams:
- Assists customer agencies in planning deployments and coordinating implementation of DoIT deliverables for Project Charters.
- Schedules and tasks work to DoIT infrastructure Teams by utilizing Service Now submittal protocols (i.e., work Order, task, Service Request) necessary to task /request work from various infrastructure teams.
- Highlights identified risks or issues to Senior Management.
- Assists teams in ensuring quality assurance is part of key project stakeholder’s acceptance of project deliverables.
- Utilizes knowledge of Service Now task submittal protocols (i.e., Work Order, Task, and Service Request) necessary to task/request work.
15% Documents internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities:
- Executes projects according to EPMO standards and project Governance Compliance.
- Consults with stakeholders and DoIT staff to resolve project related issues, and risks.
- Expands/matures Project Portfolio Management (PPM) system to encompass non-governance projects to promote awareness and monitoring of project related operational demand.
10% Keeps abreast of new developments in the Information Technology (IT) field:
- Continues education by attending meetings, training sessions, seminars, and conferences to increase familiarity with and maintain current knowledge on IT products, vendors, techniques, and procedures.
- Attends demonstrations and exhibitions related to assigned operations.
- Travels when held off-site.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.