at Cook County Government in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job Posting:Sep 13, 2023, 3:17:23 PMClosing Date:Sep 29, 2023, 4:59:00 AMFull-time
Collective Bargaining Unit:NNOC NursesPosting Salary:$33.126 - $45.142 HOURLY
Organization:Health and Hospital Systems
Note: Onsite interviews will be held at 1950 West Polk Street - 5th Floor, Chicago, IL 60612. The only opportunity to interview for this position will be on Thursday, September 28th, 2023, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. You must attend onsite at the Hiring Fair (and sit for an interview if qualified) to be considered for the position. Same-day contingent offers are made on a first-come, first serve basis, while vacancies remain.
As a reminder, please apply & bring your resume, driver's license, and any applicable certifications.
PLEASE BE ADVISED that these positions are covered by the collective bargaining agreement between Cook County and the National Nurses Organizing Committee. Pursuant to the collective bargaining agreement, Cook County will exhaust internal eligible applicants prior to considering external applicants. Cook County is assembling a list of qualified candidates for this position that will be considered should the position not be filled with internal eligible applicants.
JOB SUMMARYNNOC MEMBERS ONLY
LOCATION: Provident Hospital (500 E. 51st St Chicago, IL)
SHIFT: Various Shifts
Salary commensurate with years of (RN) nursing experience
The Clinical Nurse I, Provident ICU is a professional care worker who is responsible and accountable for providing safe, effective individualized nursing care to critically ill patients and supportive care to significant others. The Clinical Nurse I assesses patients' needs and pain, implements and evaluates nursing care according to established standards. These activities require nursing judgment based on application of scientific principles of nursing, problem solving and teaching/learning.
* Identifies, plans, and cares for the total needs of patients taking into consideration the age specific needs of patients served in assigned area of responsibility.
* Performs initial and ongoing assessment/data collection that includes consideration of biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning factors in a systematic manner.
* Formulates an individualized plan of care based on patient's assessed needs, desired outcome and consideration of age related requirements.
* Implements care in knowledgeable, skillful and a safe manner based on established patient and nursing practice standards.
* Evaluates effectiveness of care and revise interventions as appropriate.
* Documents all nursing assessments, treatments, medications, tolerance to procedures, changes in condition, intervention and patient outcomes.
* Develops, implements, and evaluates educational services/programs for patients.
* Makes appropriate and timely decisions in a crisis or emergency situation.
* Performs and/or directs cardio-pulmonary resuscitation activities.
* Operates equipment safely and necessary for providing patient care in assigned clinical areas.
* Works and communicates effectively with a variety of individuals.
* Provides general direction, guidance and coordination of patient care given by other levels of nursing staff.
* Applies knowledge of standard operating policies and procedures.
* Demonstrates awareness of patient/family rights and ethical/legal issues.
* Participates in staff orientation and staff development activities for the unit.
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for professional practice, growth and development.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Nurse Coordinator II.
Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois, is required.
Two (2) years of intensive care nursing, emergency room nursing or post-anesthesia care unit experience in an acute care setting within the last 3 years, is required.
Must possess an Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification, is required.
Must possess an active Basic Life Support BLS) certification, is required.
Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a college or university, is preferred.
Three (3) years of intensive care nursing care experience in an acute care setting within the last 5 years, is preferred.
Bilingual in English/Spanish, is preferred.
Identifies, plans, and cares for the total needs of patients taking into consideration the age specific needs of patients served in assigned area of responsibility.
Performs initial and ongoing assessment/data collection that includes consideration of biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning factors in a systematic manner.
Formulates an individualized plan of care based on patient's assessed... For full info follow application link.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER