at Advanced Medical Transport in Peoria, Illinois, United States
Join Team AMT! Now hiring for part-time Basic EMT positions in the Peoria area!
Advanced Medical Transport (AMT) is the premier provider of emergency and scheduled ambulance services in Central and Western Illinois, as well as parts of Iowa. AMT is a private, not-for-profit organization operated for community benefit.
Our EMTs are responsible for caring for patients in emergency response situations, during interfacility transports, and during standby events. EMTs at AMT work 12 or 24 hour shifts in the Peoria, Pekin and Chillicothe areas. Our PRN employees are expected to work 24 hours each month to remain in good standing.
- Examine and evaluate patients to determine necessary care
- Provide patients with emergency care by utilizing appropriate techniques and equipment
- Document patient information, condition, and treatment
- Maintain patient confidentiality and perform all care with respect for patient rights
- Transport patients in accordance with outlined policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe, clean, and well-stocked environment in accordance with company vehicle check-off sheets and inventory requirements.
- Operate and drive an ambulance in conjunction with applicable safety policies and laws
- Assist paramedics in all advanced life support situations
- Maintain current certification(s) according to provisions set forth by the governing licensure
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Present and promote a positive company image