at Rose International Inc. in Alsip, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionDate Posted: 09/12/2023 Hiring Organization: Rose International Position Number: 449892 Job Title: Process Engineer Job Location: Alsip, IL, USA, 60803 Employment Type: Temporary Estimated Duration (In Weeks): 12 Skills/Attributes: Computer Literacy, Engineering, Manufacturing, Six Sigma
- **Only those lawfully authorized to work in the designated country associated with the position will be considered.**
- **Please note that all Position start dates and duration are estimates and may be reduced or lengthened based upon a client’s business needs and requirements.**
Min Hourly Rate: $50.00
Max Hourly Rate: $50.00
Title: Process Engineer
Location: Alsip, IL, USA, 60803
Duration: 3+ Months (Temp to Hire)
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
• Either a process engineer or a seasoned LSS Practitioner.
• Provide support to improve and optimize manufacturing operations and processes within a high-speed food manufacturing facility.
• Maintains Safety as the number one priority in conducting daily responsibilities, responding to production crew needs, and developing and implementing process improvements for waste and productivity improvement.
• Investigates causes of ongoing process, quality, production efficiency and high waste problems. Then develops solutions using problem solving techniques.
• Trains machine operators on new equipment installations, modifications, and new operating procedures.
• Maintains standard operating conditions system which ensures consistent manufacturing equipment processing conditions.
• Works with manufacturing supervisors, production crews, and maintenance to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and develop corrective actions to eliminate the return of those problems
• Participates in the evaluation of projects and waivers to aid in the effective scheduling and necessary product development coverage to minimize the risk of machine downtime and high waste due to developmental efforts in manufacturing.
• Works with plant project engineering to facilitate equipment modifications to increase machine productivity and reduce waste.
• Initiates and documents procedures to safely increase machine productivity and reduce waste while maintaining product quality per customer expectations.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related field.
• Seven plus years of experience working in a project/process management role.
• Strong ability to work independently and be self-driven as it relates to workload, problem solving and trouble-shooting.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
• Working knowledge of basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices in a manufacturing environment.
• Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under time sensitive situations.
• Expert proficiency in gathering business requirements, process flows and use cases for problem solving.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in Microsoft Office.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience in food and/or beverage industry
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
• Working knowledge of food safety
• Experience with continuous improvement and change management
For information and details on employment benefits offered with this position, please visit here. Should you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secure website.
California Pay Equity:
For information and details on pay equity laws in California, please visit the State of California Department of Industrial Relations' website here.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need assistance in completing this application, or during any phase of the application, interview, hiring, or employment process, whether due to a disability or otherwise, please contact our HR Department.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.).