at LANGAN ENGINEERING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES INC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.Job Summary
Langan is seeking a Site/Civil Engineer to join its growing, collaborative team in Chicago, IL. This individual will serve a key function in providing assistance with the planning, design, and permitting of civil engineering, land development, and infrastructure projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in site/civil engineering design for residential, industrial, renewable energy, and other exciting land development projects in a continuous learning environment with an engaging, trailblazing team.Job Responsibilities
- Assist with the planning, design and permitting of civil engineering, land development and infrastructure projects;
- Assist with the preparation and modification of various engineering documents including reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, cost estimates and design plans for projects using engineering and design software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc.) and equipment;
- Effectively use reports, maps, drawings, engineering plans, test and aerial photographs to assess soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics and topographical and geologic data and their impact on the planning and design of projects;
- Recommend new approaches and ideas that continuously improve efficiency and services performed;
- Apply knowledge and techniques of engineering and advanced mathematics;
- Collaborate with team members on project tasks and assignments; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Entry to 2 years’ experience;
- Minimum 3.0 GPA;
- EIT Certification or current registration for the FE exam;
- Prior relevant internship/co-op or professional experience in site/civil design, including site planning, grading, stormwater management, drainage, and soil erosion;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities; and
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.