at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
30% Under immediate supervision, serves as Web Content Developer for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT) performing limited assignments in providing information technology services:
- Assists in the development, enhancement, maintenance, and support of web sites along with web and web application development software.
- Performs modifications to existing program code by following written specifications, written narrative and/or verbal direction and by using the accepted software tools used in the programming environment using object-oriented languages and diagnostic testing of various software components.
- Assists with various projects using various web development software.
- Performs testing and debugging of modified programs ensuring all logic paths are tested and pre-determined results are verified.
25% Assists experienced analysts in performing development, maintenance and support of existing web sites and web development software, including design, coding, graphics creation, populating web pages with content, converting documents, testing, and promoting to production, as well as installation, maintenance and support of webpages, spreadsheets, and hyperlinks.
20% Assists in fact-finding and analysis to resolve problems relating to user procedures/training and software malfunctions:
- Gains knowledge to research, evaluate and test software applications to support recommendations.
- Isolates software problems and reports problems to higher level developers.
Implements required fixes to correct problems defined during problem resolution.
15% Keeps abreast of new developments in the Information Technology (IT) field:
- Continues education by attending meetings, training sessions, seminars, and conferences to increase familiarity with and maintain current on IT products, vendors, techniques, and procedures.
- Attends demonstrations and exhibitions related to assigned operations
5% Prepares and maintains written documentation for assigned tasks:
- Assists in the configuration, testing, installation, documentation, and by maintaining system documentation and user instructions, including revisions and corrections.
5% Performs other duties as assigned or required which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.